The purpose of this job is the management of retail sales team and to deliver the retail sales, operational and profitability targets in the country.
The RSM is responsible for developing, leading, and managing a team of Territory Managers thus ensuring delivery of the Customer Commitment, Sales, and Operations targets.
1. To manage and lead the sales team ensuring consistent delivery of the Customer Commitment and delivery of Sales and Operations targets for the country whilst protecting VIVO’s interests.
2. Proactively engage and manage Retailer relationships for the mutual benefit of the company and liaise and provide feedback to other supporting departments/functions (e.g., Network, CR, Marketing, Samp;D including Engineering amp; Maintenance), Finances as appropriate.
3. Monitor country and territory performance, coaching and supporting Territory Managers where necessary.
4. Monitor country and territory delivery of the Customer Commitment and compliance to Site Operations/HSSE standards and tools, contracts, and manuals. Instigate remedial action plans where necessary.
5. Implement the Retail Strategy and support it at all levels-network plan, marketing plan. Break down the total retail volume and financial targets into territory targets and ensure delivery of the targets (fuel, lubes, CR amp; ONFR operated by retailers, etc.) and financial (margins etc.)
6. Ensure she/he get the appropriate assistance from other support functions (Samp;D, Finances, CR, Network, CSC, OSM) in the process of delivering the Retail Strategy and, operational and financial targets
6. Supervise the Retailer management process
7. Manage and coach his/her team and ensure that he/she is permanently controlling the business and monitoring the objectives.
8. Manage and optimize sites profitability for Vivo and manage POS costs efficiently
9. Follow up the skill and competence development plan of his/her team and manage their performance.
10. Manage all types of contracts with retailers, the credit process and ensure HSSE standards compliance at all sites.
11. Monitor Retailer business profitability
12. Ensure compliance with country laws, VIVO standards and tools at all sites.
13. Manage retailer relations in a proactive way ensuring resolution of operational issues as and when they occur.
14. Handle all retailer communication effectively- on VIVO vision, strategy, new initiatives as well as customer correspondence, complaints and on any other operational issues.
15. Ensure full compliance to the credit policy and effectively deal with all issues that arise.
16. Play a major role in prospecting for NTIs in line with country and network aspirations.
The job entails working across territories to manage the sites to achieve the market and financial results agreed in Tamp;R whilst improving operational excellence and customer service standards.
Support the implementation of the agreed retail strategy (network plan, marketing plan, and Ops excellence)
Monitor and develop competency skills of the sales team
Strong Leadership of the winning Territory Managers-The Sales team
Job Knowledge, Skills amp; Experiences:
Graduate of an engineering school, you have a strong professional background in the Retail business and preferably having already performed in different jobs within this area (Territory Management, Marketing, etc.).
Strong team building skills with excellent communication skills
Demonstration of Enterprise First behavior’s (Leadership, Accountability, Teamwork) and Shell core values (Honesty, Integrity, and Respect for People)
Demonstrate competence in managing a winning sales team, implementing standard processes, achieving sales targets, building relationships with VIVO Retailers, delivering the VIVO Customer Commitment.
Key competence required:
Sales and Operations Competencies at Site Level:
Manage Site/Cluster Operating Standards and Processes Skill
Manage Platforms and Agreements-Knowledge
Recruit, Select and Develop Retail People-Skill
Manage Customer Service Processes-Skill
Manage Relationships with Retailers-Skill
Manage Site/Cluster Performance and Administration-Skill
Manage Products Pricing Processes and Rental fees -Skill
Manage Products Pricing and Rental fees Execution-Skill
Manage Retailer Value Proposition (RVP)-Skill
Understand and Apply Retail HSSE Standards-Skill
Understand and Apply Retail Economics-Skill
Understand and Apply VIVO Retailing Principles amp; Processes-Skill
Apply for this Job: By December, 9 2022